2020 Taster Courses
Places are limited to 5 Students Only Per School
First Come First served
What is a Taster Course?
There are many factors to consider before parents make decisions on whether to send their children to study overseas. Some of these important questions they have in mind include:
- How do I know if the recommended school is a good school or not?
- What is the environment like within the school? What about the surrounding? Is it safe for my child?
- Who are the headmasters, teachers and staff and what are they like?
- How do I know if the school fits my child? Can my child have a short period of trial? How will my child adjust to learning in UK? Will my child love the school? What support will my child receive to help him/her adjust?
After receiving so many of these questions, we have put together a selected number of taster courses for Parent and Child. This is how it works:
Who is the taster course for?
- Must be aged between 5 – 7
- Students aged 8 – 11
- Must be accompanied by one of the parents
- Maximum numbers of students per age group: 5
Programme for the child:
- Study for a maximum of 3 weeks (15 days) in one school
- Attend a maximum of 4 subjects taught at the school.
- Receive supports and guidance from the same teachers and staff who teach at the school
- Follow other school activities and other school tasks organised by the school
Programme for the parent:
- Q &A with headmaster and staff at school
- Leisure activities to London
- Shopping trip on weekdays
- English Afternoon Tea experience
- Making and baking typical British dessert class
Which UK Schools are available for our 2020 Taster Courses:
ICON has the pleasure of announcing that we have secured the following THREE very special participating schools for our 2020 Taster Courses:
- Cranford House School, Oxfordshire, England. Rated ‘Excellent’ in all categories, our school specialises in academic achievement, outstanding pastoral care and extra-curricular opportunities for all.
- Nottingham Girls High, a GDST School, Nottinghamshire, England. A girls’ school with a difference, where girls learn without limits.
- Stockport Grammar School, Cheshire, England. A leading independent co-educational school for children from 3-18 years where pupils are “exceptionally well educated” (ISI Inspection Report).
Our Taster Courses are designed to be engaging for both parent and child. With only 5 students per course, places are limited, so please complete our REGISTRATION FORM to reserve a place.
What is the cost:
- Each taster course is unique, and the fee will be quoted when you make enquiries
- Email your interest to email@example.com, or call +44(0)1158500395 and we will respond with 24 hours
- Enquiry dates: Now to December 2019 for January and February 2020 Taster Course
- Confirmation of participation: January 2020
- Departure dates to UK from your home countries: Early February 2020
5 Reasons Why You and Your Child Should Join the Taster Course:
- Your child benefits from a very rare opportunity to taste what it is like studying at a UK school. For 15 days, your child will be immersed in school activities, building confidence in listening and speaking in English as well as social skills.
- Your child will be participating in a learning style that is different in your home country, allowing him/her to demonstrate a different side or talent.
- The three participating schools have no Chinese students in their schools, so your child will be experiencing a true British education.
- You benefit from engaging directly with the school. You can ask school them questions and based on your and your child’s experience, you can make informed decision on their future school choice.
- Together, you both benefit from spending time with each other, developing even stronger bond outside of your home.
- 5 Bedrooms for 5 participating parent and child for every school location (Oxfordshire, Cheshire, Nottinghamshire.
- Well-equipped kitchen, garden and outside areas
- Beautiful surrounding in upmarket locations
- Accessible to local amenities such as supermarkets, restaurants and high street shopping
Weekdays activities for parents:
- Leisure walk around the neighbourhood in each of the school you choose to be familiar with how people live in England.
- Shopping in local high street, getting to know upscale supermarket such as Waitrose or Marks and Spencer Food Hall. Shopping in local high street offering typical British fares
- Shopping trip to Cheshire Oaks for those choosing Stockport Grammar School, or Bicester Shopping Village in Oxford for those choosing, or East Midlands Designer Outlet in Nottinghamshire.
Weekend activities for Parent and Child depends on each location.
- Fun activities (cooking, chocolate factory and more)
- Visit to local attractions (castles, grand estates, farms and more)
- Visit well-known local museums (Ashmolean, Fitzwilliam, the Beatles)
- Free time in London